FIFA 20 VOLTA FOOTBALL gameplay has a wide variety of new mechanics and particulars to make it feel fresh and exclusive. A number of the primary elements that we wanted to emphasize are flair, free-flowing movement, and excellent street behaviors.
Custom Ball Physics
Using the new FIFA 20 Ball Physics, we had been in a position to make a ball which has a distinct size and weight than the standard game. This small-sided ball rolls far more and bounces substantially less than a full-sized ball.
The ball physics also permitted us to make unique wall types that adjust how the game flows. Some stadiums have challenging walls, and some have soft walls, though some possess a mixture of both, producing the gameplay active.
1. Hard Walls - Provide more bounce and the ball to maintain more of its motion.
2. Soft Walls - Provide more cushion and the ball lose speed when hitting them
Fast decision making is key to determining the best wall to use for your pass given the situation.
Walls Interactions and Passes
You put up a hand when approaching to maintain their balance. Players will also brace towards the wall to avoid any collisions or falls and will use the wall to direct without losing too much speed.
Walls also provides players with unique ways to pass:
1. Wall Passes are ground and through passes.
2. Wall Lobs are lobs and lofted through passes.
3. Self-Passes are especially useful to trick opponents or to provide a way to break free of your marker.
4. Self-Pass and Go - Player can use the wall as a "teammate," allowing for 1-2s with the wall.