The NBA 2K20 release date is still a few weeks away, and 2K Sports has released some news about the game. We've put together 13 things that were announced before the game was released.
1. NBA 2K20 Release Date
NBA 2K20 will be released on September 6 for the PC, PS4, Xbox One, and Nintendo Switch.
2. NBA 2K20 Cover Stars
Anthony Davis will grace the cover of the game's standard and Deluxe editions, while three-time NBA champ Dwyane Wade will be featured on the Legend edition.
3. NBA 2K20 Editions
The three versions are: Standard Edition, Digital Deluxe Edition, and Legend Edition
4. Pricing and Bonuses
The standard edition will be on sale for $59.99, the deluxe for $79.99, and the legend edition for $99.99. Each edition of the game will come with its own pre-order bonuses, involving varying amounts of virtual currency and various in-game perks.
5. NBA 2K20 Will Include WNBA Features
The brief NBA 2K20 trailer confirms the WNBA's presence in NBA 2K20.
6. Improvements to Dribbling
NBA 2K20 promises to come with improvements to its physics system.
7. No More Pushing
Pushing won't be returning for NBA 2K20, which shouldn't drastically alter the gameplay.
8. NBA 2K20 Player Ratings: Top 20 Overall
- LeBron James: 97 OVR
- Kawhi Leonard: 97 OVR
- Giannis Antetokounmpo: 96 OVR
- Kevin Durant: 96 OVR
- James Harden: 96 OVR
- Steph Curry: 95 OVR
- Anthony Davis: 94 OVR
- Paul George: 93 OVR
- Damian Lillard: 92 OVR
- Joel Embiid: 91 OVR
- Kyrie Irving: 91 OVR
- Nikola Jokic: 90 OVR
- Russell Westbrook: 90 OVR
- Klay Thompson: 89 OVR
- Karl-Anthony Towns: 89 OVR
- Jimmy Butler: 88 OVR
- Kemba Walker: 88 OVR
- Donovan Mitchell: 88 OVR
- Rudy Gobert: 88 OVR
- Blake Griffin: 88 OVR
9. NBA 2K20 Player Ratings: Top Five Rookies
- Zion Williamson 81
- Ja Morant 79
- RJ Barrett 78
- De'Andre Hunter 77
- Darius Garland 77
10. NBA 2K20 Player Ratings: Top Five Shooters
- Stephen Curry 99
- Klay Thompson 97
- Joe Harris 94
- JJ Redick 90
- Buddy Hield 90
11. NBA 2K20 Player Ratings: Top Dynamic Duos
- LeBron James and Anthony Davis 95.5
- Kawhi Leonard and Paul George 95
- Kevin Durant and Kyrie Irving 93.5
- James Harden and Russell Westbrook 93
12. NBA 2K20 Cover Star Reveals Xbox One X Special Edition Bundles
Three new Xbox One bundles were shown NBA 2K20 cover athlete Anthony Davis at a special event hosted by Xbox and the folks at 2K Games"to celebrate what's next in basketball culture."
13. NBA 2K20 Soundtrack
2K announced the soundtrack for NBA 2K20. It will launch with 50 tracks. The soundtrack will be highlighted by artists such as Drake, Meek Mill, Billie Eilish, Post Malone, and the late Nipsey Hussle.