Most players have always had trouble dunking in NBA 2K22 that have struggled to land posterizing dunks even when using the Pro Stick. So, to give you a little hand, here's our NBA 2K22 dunking guide on how to dunk and how to get contact dunks.
How to Dunk in NBA 2K22?
If you're looking to dunk during a game, there are two types of dunks you'll be able to use. These are aggressive and dominant dunks, and they each have their animations and separate dunks that you can unlock for your player.
Below is how you'll be able to perform both of these within NBA 2K22.
• Dominant – Hold RT/R2 on your controller and pull your right joystick up, left or right, while driving to the rim.
• Aggressive – Hold RT/R2 on your controller and pull your right joystick down while driving to the rim.
Doing one of these actions will perform one of the many dunks within the game, but specific attributes will make it a lot easier to dunk in traffic or to perform flashier moves.
How to Get Contact Dunks in NBA 2K22?
Contact Dunks are some of the most fun animations in the game, mainly since it is enjoyable to dunk over or through a defender. But how to pull off contact dunks?
1). NBA 2K22 contact dunk requirements: How to attempt slam dunks?
A total of 11 contact dunks are part of NBA 2K22, with the following ratings-related requirements:
• Pro contacts: 84+ Driving Dunk and 70+ Vertical.
• Elite contacts: 92+ Driving Dunk and 80+ Vertical.
• Small contacts: 86+ Driving Dunk, 85+ Vertical, and you have to be Under 6'5″.
• Pro standing big man contacts: 80+ Standing Dunk, 65+ Vertical, and you have to be at least 6'10".
• Elite standing big man contacts: 90+ Standing Dunk, 75+ Vertical, and you have to be at least 6'10".
• Pro alley-oops: 70+ Driving Dunk and 30+ Vertical.
• Elite alley-oops: 85+ Driving Dunk and 60+ Vertical.
• Pro contact alley-oops: 84+ Driving Dunk and 70+ Vertical.
• Elite contact alley-oops: 92+ Driving Dunk and 80+ Vertical.
• Small contact alley-oops: 86+ Driving Dunk, 85+ Vertical, and you have to be Under 6'5".
• Big man contact alley-oops: 85+ Standing Dunk, 75+ Driving Dunk, 60+ Vertical, and you have to be at least 6'10".
Hence, for example, a player can only pull off an elite level contact dunk if he has a driving dunk rating of 92+ along with a vertical rating of 80+. Only the players who fulfill the above requirements will be able to pull off the moves in-game.
Hence, in NBA 2K22, players will need to have the following specific ratings to pull of the slam dunk moves, except the small contact moves mentioned above: Driving Dunk: 92+, Standing Dunk: 90+, Vertical: 80+, Height: At Least 6'10". Any player who fulfills the above rating requirements will be able to pull off all the dunks mentioned above, except the small contact ones that require players to be less than 6 5".
2). Tips to getting contact dunk faster
Firstly, you have to make sure that you receive many attribute upgrade points every game. Aside from padding up the stats, it would help to strive to increase teammate grades whenever possible.
Also, because you need to purchase the animation, many VCs are required; it's as essential as 2k22 mt in the game. It would help if you had to read up then on how to earn more VCs in NBA 2K22.
Lastly, if contact dunks are your thing, it is essential to use the right player archetype. You will need to build a player with many initial and potential dunk attributes and vertical.
Now that you know how to dunk and how to get contact dunks. In the meantime, be sure to check out the U4GM's news page for some other NBA 2K22 guides.