Clutch Time mode is a new game mode in MyTeam released in NBA 2K22 Season 3. However, what do you know about this Mode? This article will discuss everything we know about NBA 2K22 Clutch Time so far.
What is Clutch Time mode?
The MyTeam mode will introduce the new Clutch Time mode, located in the Pink Diamond Plaza (as found in the city in the MyCareer mode).
• Clutch Time is "where players can experience four-point shots and fast-paced play designed to reward three-point specialists," according to NBA 2K.
You use a full-sized court to play a regular five versus five basketball game in Clutch Time mode. However, each game only lasts five minutes, and each possession lasts 14 seconds.
NBA 2K22 Clutch Time Details
Here is a quick summary of the details:
• A brand new MyTEAM mode in Season 3 of NBA 2K22
• Fast pace 5v5 online competition with no lineup restrictions
• New court with a mural background of NBA legends
• It will take place in only 1 quarter (4th quarter), with a 5-minute clock
• 4 point shots
• Sudden death overtime rules
• No bench players
• Exclusive seasonal rewards
• There's a 50-win ladder each season. After most wins, you get a wheel spin. There will be a Pink Diamond-level player card on the wheel that you can get after every win.
• Players will advance along a 10-game tier throughout the season. If you lose three games in a row, you get reset to the start of the tier. You will never be reset to below a tier until the following season.
• Players earn rewards at the 10-, 30- and 50-win mark. At 10 wins, you get a Ruby-level player. At 30 wins, you get a Diamond player. At 50 wins, you get a Pink Diamond player.
• After you get 50 wins, each win gives you an additional wheel spin for a chance at the wheel-based Pink Diamond player.
• The Pink Diamond player from reaching 50 wins will be different than the Pink Diamond player on the wheel.
NBA 2K22: How Clutch Time works in MyTeam?
Here is the breakdown of the rules for Clutch Time in MyTeam:
The game will only span five minutes, and each time can bring a starting lineup of five players, just like in traditional NBA action. There are no player limits for Clutch Time in MyTeam. However, users will only be able to pick just five players. No substitutions are allowed in Clutch Time.
There are also a few key differences between regular basketball and Clutch Time. First, the shot clock in Clutch Time is only 14 seconds, 10 seconds shorter than the traditional shot timer in the NBA. This means you will only have a short time to get the ball of.
Second, there is a four-point line on the court. This line is a bit farther back from the three-point line, so you'll want to make sure that you bring your best shooters from beyond the arc.
Players will also be allotted two timeouts throughout the five-minute event. If the game goes into overtime, sudden death will decide it. The team that scores first in overtime will win the game.
There's also a tier-based reward system for Clutch Time in MyTeam. With each win you get, you will move up on the tier ladder and earn new rewards like Packs, 2K22 MT, VC, Tokens, etc.
NBA 2K22 – Clutch Timer in My Team Working Methods
To start playing the Clutch Timer Event, you need to follow the below steps:
• Go to My Team
• Open the Multiplayer tab
• Select 'Clutch Timer' and build your team according to your choice.
• Head to the court.
NBA 2K22 MyTEAM Best Clutch Time Lineup
Let's go over the best player at each position for Clutch Time in NBA 2K22 MyTEAM:
• Point Guard - Pink Diamond Stephen Curry - (95 OVR)
• Shooting Guard - Diamond Klay Thompson - (93 OVR)
• Small Forward - Diamond LeBron James - (92 OVR)
• Power Forward - Diamond Kevin Durant - (92 OVR)
• Center - Diamond Patrick Ewing - (94 OVR)
Visit the news page at U4GM.COM for more of the latest game updates, guides, and tips.